M2 operates on the philosophy that there are ways of being, collectively and individually, that inevitably arc toward kindness, ease, clarity and peace. All of our programs encourage and support you in discovering your unique way of living mindfully.
We use a framework called “6 Spokes” as the scaffold for building a life of intentionality. If life is a wheel, each spoke represents an aspect of ourselves that requires attention and care to keep it rolling along smoothly. All are equally important.
- Mind is nourished by contemplative practices such as meditation
- Body benefits from exercise, nutrition and rest
- Ethics requires knowing and adhering to values
- Creativity is strengthened by exploring the arts and intuition
- Intellect grows through responsible study and expanding world-view
- Community expands with empathy, interconnectedness and service
Nurturing our six spokes can help each of us find our own unique path of intentional living. Everyone’s practice in relation to their spokes will look slightly different but all areas must be considered for optimal effortlessness and joy. In our busy lives tending the six spokes may seem like more tasks and striving; but instead, they could be considered elements of the life that we all could be living now.