- This event has passed.
Peaceful Dwelling – Fall 2016
M2 Mindfulness Training periods offer the structure, support and the accountability necessary to realize noticeable and positive transformation.
You may register for this training at any time during the period.
Sixty-Day Fall Training Period
October 10 – December 9
- Meditation – a minimum of 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
- Body Practice – some regularly scheduled exercise practice
- Chanting – A liturgical verse, poem or song recited out loud daily or perhaps with your meditation practice
- Gratitude – Keep a gratitude diary (additional practices will be offered for your consideration)
- Study – weekly readings and online discussion group
- Renunciation – tweak your relationship with something that you consume or a habit you do or don’t have. Food, media, caffeine, alcohol are the common ones but people have also made adjustments in other habitual behaviors.
- Practice buddies – everyone participating in the practice period will be paired with two other practitioners to keep connected, support and be held accountable.
All participants are highly encouraged to attend one of the weekly M2 community meditation groups or to sit with another local community.
All participants are strongly encouraged to attend all or a portion of the M2 December retreat (December 1-4.)
There will be a First Friday Tea on November 4th at the M2 Center that all participants are invited to, and an end of period party on December 9th which all participants are strongly encouraged to attend.
Personal modifications of your practice commitments are fine if they are necessary but I recommend you try to push yourself a little and not make modifications just on preference.
How the Practice Period works:
Marc Anderson will contact you directly — by email — after you register for the Fall 2016 Practice Period with detailed instructions and guidance throughout the entire sixty-day period. You may register for the course at any time. For more information, contact M2.